Garden of Life Vitamin Code Grow Bone System
Vegan and Gluten Free
1. What is Osteoporosis?
A: Osteoporosis (porous bones), is a disease that causes bones to become fragile and brittle and very susceptible to fractures, which occur typically in the hip, spine, and wrist. The National Institute of Health consensus conference defined osteoporosis as a disease of increased skeletal fragility, accompanied by low bone density (a T-score for bone mineral density below -2.5) and micro-architecture deterioration.
2. Why is bone health important?
A: Bone Health means a lot more than simply preventing osteoporosis. Healthy bones manufacture red blood cells, immune cells, secrete hormones and much more. Bone loss is associated with increased inflammation, which then accelerates more bone loss and becomes a vicious cycle. There is an Osteo- Immune relationship, as well as a link between bone loss and obesity. Because osteoporosis is often the first sign of degenerating bone health (often in the form of a fracture due to weak bone) we consider good bone health to be one of the most overlooked components of extraordinary health - everyone needs to think about their bone health.
3. What can I do to reduce my risk of Osteoporosis?
A: It is never too late, or too early to improve bone health. Building strong bones when you are young is the best defense against getting osteoporosis later on in life. The best way to do this is to get adequate amounts of calcium and vitamins D3 in your diet. We recommend getting as much calcium from foods as possible, and taking a whole food calcium supplement with the proper bone-building ingredients included. Regular exercise is also crucial to bone health.
4. Why should I question if my calcium supplement is effective?
A: Calcium supplements taken in the absence of other vitamins and minerals and without proper diet and exercise, have not been proven in clinical studies to help strengthen bones. The best that can be said is that calcium supplementation helps slow down or stop bone loss. While slowing bone loss is good, increasing bone mineral density should be the goal. The majority of calcium supplements are made from ground-up rock and most of them are in tablet form and have solubility problems. The USA is the country that purchases the most calcium supplements, but it is also one of the countries with higher incidence of osteoporosis.
5. What is VITMIN CODE Grow Bone System?
A: Garden of Life is proud to introduce the VITMIN CODE Grow Bone System, a combination of Vitamin Code RAW Calcium and Growth Factor S, two comprehensive bone-building formulas clinically studied to Stimulate Bone Growth, Reduce Osteoporosis Risk, Increase Bone Strength, and Increase Bone Mineral Density. The Grow Bone System contains the first raw, vegan, organic whole food plant source of Calcium with naturally occurring bone-building Code-Factors, such as vitamin D3, vitamin K2, magnesium, boron, strontium, silica and vanadium. We feel so confident about the efficacy of this clinically studied formula that we invite you to take the Grow Bone Challenge for Stronger, Healthier Bones with the VITMIN CODE Grow Bone System or Well Give Double Your Money Back!**
6. Why did Garden of Life formulate the Grow Bone System?
A: The U.S. Surgeon General issued a report on Bone Health in 2004, in which Dr. Carmona warned that by the year 2020, half of all American citizens older than 50 will be at risk for fractures from osteoporosis and low bone mass if no immediate action is taken. Garden of Life designed the Grow Bone System as a response to the U.S. Surgeon Generals "call to action" to the nutritional and healthcare industry for the development of bone-health programs that incorporate the three basic components of an effective program:
- Improved Nutrition
- Increased Physical Activity
- Improved Health Literacy
7. What does the VITMIN CODE Grow Bone System include?
A: The Grow Bone System is a kit composed of a bottle of RAW Calcium 150ct, a bottle of Growth Factor S (strontium) 90ct, in addition to the Grow Bone Booklet describing the Bone Health Program.
8. What is the Grow Bone System Health Program?
A: We recommend that you use the Grow Bone System as part of a holistic bone health program as follows:
- 1. Eat a healthy diet including good sources of calcium, vitamins D and K, and other minerals.
- 2. Use the Grow Bone System consistently for 6 consecutive months according to suggested use.
- 3. Exercise regularly with your doctors approval.
9. What kind of Exercise is recommended in the Grow Bone System Health Program?A: Regardless of age, exercise and physical activity are an important part of building and maintaining strong, healthy bones. A good all-around program that incorporates weight-bearing, strength and balance training exercises is most desirable. Weight-bearing and strength exercises are very useful for increasing or maintaining bone mass, while balance training may help with coordination and maintaining muscle mass which can help prevent falls and resulting bone fractures. Always check with your doctor before starting any new exercise regime.
10. Who can benefit from taking the Grow Bone System?A: Adults seeking to build better, stronger bones by increasing bone density; anyone at high risk of osteoporosis particularly women with family history of osteoporosis; women over 40 in Pre, Peri, or Postmenopause; anyone advised by their doctor to take regular calcium; men and women taking prescription medications that are known to increase bone loss significantly, e.g. corticosteroid drugs such as prednisone, or anti-depressant drugs. Always check with your doctor, particularly if you are taking medications.
11. What is VITAMIN CODE RAW Calcium?A: VITMIN CODE RAW Calcium is the first raw, vegan calcium formula, composed of AlgaeCal RAW, a certified organic plant source of calcium derived from the marine algae Algas calcareas rich in 73 naturally occurring minerals and trace minerals. The RAW Calcium formula provides all the necessary co-factors such as 100mcg of Vitamin K2 in the form of MK-7, 1,600 IU of RAW Food-Created vitamin D3 and other bone-building Code Factors, magnesium, boron, silica and vanadium. RAW Calcium is completely free of commonly-used limestone rock, chalk or animal bone sources of calcium and is suitable for even the most dedicated raw food vegan. RAW Calcium May Reduce the Risk of Osteoporosis, Increase Bone Strength, Increase Bone Mineral Density and Slow Bone Loss.
12. What is AlgaeCal RAW?A: AlgaeCal RAW is the first raw, vegan, certified organic whole food plant source of Calcium. As opposed to single element calcium supplements, AlgaeCal RAW is powdered Marine Algae (Algas calcareas) containing an entire spectrum of plant nutrients, large quantities of Calcium and Magnesium and naturally rich in 73 trace mineral bone-building Code Factors such as Boron, Strontium, Vanadium, Silica as well as other naturally-occurring trace minerals.
13. Is the calcium in AlgaeCal RAW absorbable?
A: The bodys ability to absorb calcium depends on the bodys need for calcium, the last calciumcontaining meal consumed, the presence of co-factors, among many other factors. The body best absorbs calcium when divided into multiple servings throughout the day because studies suggest that the body can only utilize a limited amount of calcium at once. AlgaeCal RAW besides being a plant sourced calcium, has a unique porous nature, like a sponge so it has a lot more surface area than an ordinary calcium carbonate. More surface area means more opportunity for stomach acid to come in contact with the calcium and dissolve it. Beyond solubility in the stomach, AlgaeCal RAW has been shown to be bioavailable in the rest of the digestive process. The calcium that actually goes into the bloodstream varies.